ray floret

ray floret

One of the broad, conspicuously colored florets of a compound flower, the structure of which suggests a single petal of an ordinary flower. These form the radiating border in the open-centered type dahlias, or massed together, the flower head in fully double types. See also: disc floret.

GardenWeb Glossary of Botanical Terms    

New Search:


Options:   [see notes]

Search multiple words as boolean:   And   Or

Search for:   Word Roots   Whole Words

Search:   Terms   Both Terms & Definitions